So I made it safely to Vientiane Laos which is where my home will be for the next year or so.
I've been here about 5 days now and its been interesting so far lol.
I've eaten quite a bit of food. I had French spaghetti, Scandinavian coffee and sandwiches and Lao food for dinner every night.
The oddest things I have eaten so far have been squid (about 2 nights ago), they had two options on that not spicy and VERY spicy... (I am thinking that is common because my uncle isnt a big fan of spicy food... or so it seems) the tentacles were a bit chewy but closer to the head was about like tender chicken, really not so bad. And today for lunch I had noodles with pig blood. HA its true! I didnt know what it was so I asked (mistake maybe??) the texture was almost like soft cheese... velveeta maybe?? It wasnt bad, had an interesting flavor, left my mouth a bit dry tho.
For the most part the last few days we (me and my Grandpa) have spent trying to get in the swing of things... the time difference is drastic! 13 hours! Tho I have always said I should have been born in Asia because I LOVE the night in the US, not that I dont like the day I just couldnt sleep at night so now I am sleeping at night! So it works out ha ha.
Today was the first day we went sightseeing, I know I will be here for a long time but I was really excited to finally get to see the city I live in.
We went to what they call a Stupah, we also went to this garden of Buddha which had ALL kinds of statues and things, it was amazing! Someone must have spent forever on it!! Seriously!
We went to this other place too I dont know what it was called but France built it for Laos, it was great too!
There are so many beautiful sights here I dont think my camera will ever do justice to what my eyes see, I am just thankful I am HERE and can expirence it and carry those memories in my mind and heart forever. I wouldnt trade this time for anything.
The world is so big and life is so short! I want... actually scratch that. I NEED to see things! I need to live my life as much as I can, as well as I can. I need to get out there and do EVERYTHING! People may laugh and think I am kidding, but I'm not. I honestly want to do as much as I can with the time that I have been given. No one is promised tomorrow so I am going to make today AMAZING!
The last couple days I have struggled a little bit with missing someone and my old surroundings, but I have to tell myself that this is what life is about. It may hurt, but maybe the pain will make things sweeter in the end (at least that is kinda what I hope). So... I close my eyes and picture myself there with that someone for 5 minutes, hope they are thinking of me too and then I keep moving.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like it is going well for you! I am so glad! Cant wait to see pictures!
ReplyDelete