So I have been here about 10 days now, sometimes it seems like time has really been flying, other times the days just drag on and on.
Yesterday I learned how to make a Thai snack, very good! lol I dont know what all was in it (no pigs blood he he) mostly just all kinds of veggies and some peanut. (Thai food has alot of peanut so if you have allergies its not a good place to vacation or visit)
Today is Timmy's birthday, he is now 4 years old. We went to his school to take him a cake and some cookies for his class and he spent the whole time crying, I dont think he got enough sleep last night.
The boys are both great! Both of them are very very smart!
Anakin is 9 (he will tell you he is 10, but his birthday isnt until August) he is probably one of the smartest children I have ever met, and that is the truth. He picks up on things quickly and does great with problem solving. His grades are great! He is a little shy in some areas but clever and funny. We decided to call our grandpa "the toothless vampire", long story but very funny.
Timmy, like I said, just turned 4 days. The boy is SO stubborn! I have never met a child that age who sticks to his word so well, there is no distracting him. What he says goes or it is a mess. He is very well behaved most of the time, typical little boy. LOTS of energy... he likes learning new things. We learned about balloons and static (if you rub a balloon on your hair it sticks....) he enjoyed that. He also had never played with a paper airplane so now every day after school he brings me a sheet of paper and we play airplane for about an hour or so.
My Uncle has another boy staying with him, an older boy by the name of Aot (tho all the names they have are not really their names which I found out today), he is about 19 or 20, very nice. He is helping me learn Lao which I am sure is amusing for him, just imagine me with my silly redneck accent trying to speak an asian language. HA! The idea!
Anyway we are working on one word per day and he is doing SO much better than I am, ha ha. He is a good student tho which is good.
I have been playing the piano alot and trying to write as much as I can. So far I have done well to keep a journal (tho I did forget last night).
Anyway I better sign off here, I have some stuff I need to do. (actual work HA)
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment