Saturday, April 11, 2009

"you can dance, you can jive having the time of you life..."

Pretty sure I am a dancing queen ha ha. If you know me you know that I am completely uncoordinated... well take that and multiply it when I am on my feet. Yesterday we (me Soukanh and Tui) went to a baby shower, I have said before that Lao people will find any excuse to drink... its the truth! So we went to this baby shower, I think I saw the baby for a total of five minutes tops (no lie!) and then it was on to food and drink and dancing...
Well, Lao dancing is a bit different than what we do in the states, its kind of like line dancing (which I cant do without falling on my face!!) so Lee and Own (two ladies from here) convinced me that we should go try it... I ended laughing so hard at myself that I could barely stand! It was horrible! I was using the wrong feet at the wrong tempo ha ha. It was fun tho!
Anyway after that I went to call my sister (it was her birthday) and so on my way back into the party this older woman stopped me and poured me a beer, its rude not to accept so I downed it and then she literally dragged me back onto the dance floor... if you could have seen this woman you would have laughed, she wanted me to dance sexy, well, I am not sexy by any means and it was really funny to watch this rather large Lao woman trying to get me to dance... my face and my stomach both hurt from laughing too hard... ha ha.
After that me and Tui and Soukanh and Lee went to this little club behind the Novotel here in Vientiane, it was fun! Once again the clubs here are ALOT different than those in the US, but it was fun anyway.

This week is Pi Mai Lao!! YAY! HA HA. It was originally called the dragon festival ( I think... something like that anyway) and its a really big deal here and in Thailand... its also know as the water fest because everything and everyone gets soaking wet! Every store is selling water guns right now and I think Anakin and Timothy have collected about 20 so far.
We are heading to Luang Prabaung (I think I mentioned that last post) I am still excited for the trip, Aot has a few people going too so the more the merrier!

Anyway I just wanted to update really quick, me and Tim are looking at pictures and hanging out... I think its bed time ha ha.

Hope everyone is peachy keen jelly bean!! WOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment