I miss it.
The way the air smelled after the rain. The way there was NO way to keep your feet clean no matter what you did.
The fact that every night there was a perfect sunset.
I miss the food.
I miss the way it felt to be oblivious to what people thought about you other than that you were "falang".
I miss the way there always new roads I hadn't discovered yet. There was always someplace to go, and all more beautiful than the last... if only beautiful in sadness.
I miss the fact that people went places but were never rushed.
I miss the noise. Then I miss the stillness.
I miss the way I felt when I looked at the sky from my balcony at night - it was perfection.
I miss the cigarettes, and I even quit smoking!!
I miss the food. The way there were a million different foods and flavors I've never tried... and the fact that I was brave enough for a moment to try them.
I miss walking down the street and thinkng "what do I want to do today.."
Some days I would shop, some days I would spend hours in a "Wat" just to feel the peace that exudes from their place of worship.
Out of all the places on the planet that I could have spent 10 months of my life... never did I imagine that one of the poorest and smallest countries out there could capture my heart.
There are many things I miss... each day something new pops up that I once thought I forgot about. Good memories. Memories that I have a hard time dealing with because I feel my time was cut short...
But I have those memories, and for that I am thankful.
Life is this crazy/beautiful ride that I REALLY don't understand.
There will probably be a day when I look back at my life as I do my time in Laos... all together too short. Taken too soon, not as much accomplished but SO many memories.
I have to learn to love my memories instead of allowing them to haunt me.
Life is what we make it.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment